Thursday 1 October 2009

Romsley Ghost Follow-Up!!

On September the 10th, 2009, we carried an appeal on this blog concerning a roadside encouter with a peculiar figure in Romsley, near Halesowen. (See 'HERE'). Our appeal instantly generated a response from one of our blog readers, who tells us:

"I came across your blog today after putting in a google search for ghostly experiences near the Black Horse Pub in Illey lane.

A few months back, around February time, I was driving home down through Illey after visiting my grandparents in Birmigham. It was around 10pm on a fairly clear night. After passing by the Black Horse Pub, going down towards the dip with the abandoned cottage on the left, I noticed a figure in the road. Assuming it was someone walking home from the pub, I slowed down so as not to hit or startle them. It was then that I noticed that the figure was standing in the middle of the road, staring at me but not moving. It seemed quite unconcerned that I was about to drive into them. At this point, very worried that I was about to hit them, I braked harshly and unintentionally closed my eyes. I opened them immediately, only to see that the figure had dissappeared. I looked around, but saw no one. By this point, I was a little distressed and quickly continued with my journey.

The figure appeared to me to be male. I didnt get much of a look at his clothing as he looked slightly blurred, but his clothing wasn't what I would call 'modern.' I did catch his expression as I drove towards him and he appeared quite sinister, as though unhappy that I was there.

The experience was all over with in less than a minute but it has really stuck with me as previously I haven't given much thought about the existence of ghosts. My family thought it was quite funny and I'm sure many didn't believe my story. But it has made me reluctant to travel down there at night.

I read on your blog that you wanted people to contact you with any experiences in this area, which is the reason for my email. I was quite shocked after reading your blog that other people have had similar experiences. I dont know if this is any help to you but I felt compelled to send you an email".

Needless to say, we are greatly indebted to the above mentioned lady who kindly sent in news of her encounter to us. It is this sort of response and action that makes the running of concerns like the blog - and, for that matter, our group - worthwhile in the end. Needless to say - fingers crossed - we most certainly hope for further news on this most intriguing matter!!

Regards to all,

The W.M.G.C.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, just thought I would let you know I had a strange experience on Illey Lane this week.
On Monday evening approx 8.30pm I had just driven past the Blackhorse pub in the direction of Halesowen when an oncoming car passed me at speed. As the car passed I saw a figure with brown shoulder length hair, navy jacket and dark trousers walking in the direction of the car that had just driven past.
I though this to be very strange as the car would of hit this person head on. I wasnt sure what I had seen and it wasnt until I searched for 'ghostly experiences' on the net I realised I had seen ghost!!
Needless to say I will not be driving down Illey Lane again late at night!

W.M.G.C. said...

Hi - thank you so much for your comment..... Really interesting experience!

If you don't mind - could you possibly contact us by email please, as I'd like to speak to you further on this matter if at all possible?

Many thanks for taking the time to contact us.

Best wishes!

Emma Conner said...

Well, these comments have confirmed what i saw only a couple months ago.
Myself and my partner was driving home from visiting my grandmother in Bartley Green, We were on our way home travelling towards Halesowen on Illey Lane. Just a few yards from the Black horse pub, I saw a female, around the age of 50 standing at the side of the road. My partner was driving, so i managed to turn round and have a look as it was unusual to see anyone walking on that round at dusk., She was wearing a long skirt and what appeared to be an apron. She disappered before my eyes...... I haven't seen her since, but always have goose bumps when going down that round.....

W.M.G.C. said...

Hi Emma,

Thank you very much for your recent comment!!

This does seem a rather fascinating area when it comes to potential sightings, it has to be said..... and the W.M.G.C. are definitely going to have to donate a little time to studying the region at first-hand in the non-too-distant future, that's for sure!!

As with any such comments, we greatly appreciate your having taken the time to notify us of this experience..... Very best wishes to you....

Regards,

The W.M.G.C.